Adding grades & feedback
Grading physical submissions
1. Click on the assignment link that requires grading:
2. Click View all submissions:
3. If students are missing from the table and/or it shows Nothing to display, check the 'filter' options in the 'View and filter options' section underneath the table. Make sure that all filters are set to No filter.
4. Click the Grade button in the 'Grade' column.
The individual students 'submission status' page will be displayed, showing their submission details.
5. Select a grade in the 'Grade' drop-down menu:
6. Set the 'Marking Workflow State' (if desired). This is especially useful if multiple markers are used or can be a 'note to self' to show, for example, that it is in marking or ready for release. When this workflow state is used, it can be seen by students but this does not mean that anything has been released. Only the text is updated.
7. Add feedback comments and if required, any feedback files.
8. It is not necessary to notify the student at this stage, as this is controlled by releasing the grades and feedback later on.
9. Click Save changes and go through the same process again.
Click here for information on Releasing grades & feedback.