Adding grades & feedback
1. Click on the assignment link that requires grading:
2. Click View all submissions:
3. The 'grading table' shows all students and submissions. It is possible to click on column titles (if they show as a link) to 'sort' them. For example, click on 'surname' to sort A-Z.
Click on the student's submission in the ' myPortfolio (Mahara)' column.
4. The submitted page/collection will open in a new window for viewing. Comments can be left on the submitted page/collection but students will see these instantly. The overall feedback must be added to SOL along with the grade. If comments are left in myPortfolio, be sure to inform students as most will look in SOL.
5. If students are missing from the table and/or it shows Nothing to display, check the 'filter' options in the 'View and filter options' section underneath the table. Make sure that all filters are set to No filter.
Also check that the student name selection tool has All selected for first name and surname. However, this is not available with anonymous marking.
8. Once the portfolio has been viewed, go back to the grading table.
To begin adding feedback and grades, click on the Grade button in the 'Grade' column.
This goes to the individual students 'submission status' page showing all submission details. It is also possible to view the submission on this screen too.
9. Set Solent's alpha-numeric grade in the 'Grade' drop-down menu:
10 Set the 'Marking Workflow State' (if desired). This is especially useful if multiple markers are used or can be a 'note to self' to show, for example, that it is in marking or ready for release. When this workflow state is used, it can be seen by students but this does not mean that anything has been released. Only the text is updated.
11. Add any feedback files or feedback comments, if required.
12. It is not necessary to notify the student at this stage, as this is controlled by releasing the grades and feedback later on.
13. Click Save changes and go through the same process again.
Click here for information on Releasing grades & feedback.