Adding grades & feedback
Using Turnitin for feedback
QuickMark is the inline comment system within Turnitin's 'Feedback Studio'. It is accessed by clicking on the 'blue pencil' icon to take you into GradeMark.
There any different ways of commenting on students' work:
- QuickMark comments
- standard editing marks by tutors
- tutors' own feedback which is saved as a new QuickMark into a personalised 'set'.
1. Click on Turnitin's blue pencil icon in the Feedback Studio. Click the QuickMark icon from the online grading toolbar to open the QuickMarks side panel.
This will show the currently open QuickMark set.
2. To add your own comments, select the text on the paper and then click on the Comment on the sidebar.
Add your comment to the pop-up box. This comment will attach to the highlighted text to give the feedback a context.
3. To use the pre-written comments- click on the 'Quickmark' icon.
Click on a pre-written comment, for example, 'Awk.' button. If not appropriate, simply click the 'bin' icon at the bottom of the box to delete. Note that you can add your comment in this box as well.
4. To read, edit or delete the comments you have added, click on the QuickMark shown on the paper.
5. Click on the 'Feedback Summary' icon to add a general text comment.
The 'Feedback Summary' allows tutors to leave a voice comment and/or write a text comment about the paper as a whole.
General feedback can also be left in SOL under 'Feedback comments'.
Please do not add a mark out of 100 in Turnitin as it conflicts in unpredictable ways with the grading with SOL