Adding grades & feedback
1. Click on the assignment link that requires grading:
2. Click View all submissions:
3. The 'grading table' shows all students and submissions. If 'Anonymous marking' is enabled the student ID number is displayed instead of a name. It is possible to click on column titles that show as a link to 'sort' them, for example click 'Surname' to sort A-Z.
4. If students are missing from the table and/or it shows Nothing to display, check the 'filter' options in the 'View and filter options' section underneath the table. Make sure that all filters are set to No filter.
- 'All' is selected for 'First name' and 'Surname' (Not available with anonymous marking).
5. To add feedback and grades (even if using Turnitin), click the Grade button in the 'Grade' column (This may open in a new window).
For a non text-based submission, go to Step 8.
6. To check the Similarity report, click the 'similarity percentage' icon below the Turnitin ID:
7. To access the GradeMark, click the 'blue pencil' icon next to the 'similarity percentage':
Turnitin's Feedback Studio will open in a new browser tab or new window. Add 'QuickMark' comments and text comments.
Close the tab/window to return to the student's individual 'submission status'.
8. Select an alpha-numeric grade in the 'Grade' drop-down menu:
9. Set the 'Marking Workflow State' (if desired). This is useful when multiple people are marking an assignment or as a 'note to self'.
When the marking workflow is used it can be seen by students but grades are not released until the status 'Released' is set, which is only available to the unit leader on certain screens.
10. Add any feedback comments to the top text editor or feedback files can be added to the bottom box.
11. It is not necessary to notify the student at this stage. This will occur when releasing the grades and feedback later on.
12. Click Save changes.
Click here for information on Releasing grades & feedback.