Editing (summative) assignments
All units with summative assignments are required to use the auto-generated assignment links created from our student record system, Quercus. These links are created automatically after the assessments dates are entered into Quercus by firstname.lastname@example.org.
As tutors, you are required to update these links to meet your assessment criteria and to input your grades online even when an online submission is not needed. These online grades will then be returned to Quercus automatically when released.
What do I need to know about my automated assignments links?
- Summative assignments are imported automatically into unit pages from Quercus.
- Link(s) can be found under the 'Assessment' tab on your units homepage.
- The link communicates your unique assignment name (including the weighting) and ID number to Quercus. The name of the assignment is non-editable.
- The link shows your due/late/feedback dates which are set via Quercus. The dates of the assignments are non-editable.
- Go to the settings of the assignment to set your requirements. Pay particular attention to the 'submission types' and 'feedback' options.
- Assignments are added to Solent Online Learning (SOL) on a daily basis.
- If your assignment name or dates are incorrect, contact email@example.com.
What your automated assignment link might look like:
Before your students are able to submit online, you should indicate what type of submission your students are expected to upload (file, video, audio, myPortfolio). Please edit the settings to suit your assessment requirements.
Full instructions on how to edit an assignment can be found by clicking each chapter/sub-chapter in this book (See 'Table of contents' - right hand side block).
It is the basic process recommended by Learning Technologies and if you would like to explore more advanced features, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 5100.
Not found what you're looking for?
Try the following links: