Managing users on a unit
1. Locate the 'Administration' block on the left of the page. If no links are visible within this block, then it may have been minimised. Click on the '+' button to expand this menu.
2. 'Course administration' should already be expanded. Go to Users > Enrolled users.
3. You will now be able to view enrolments and the roles that have been assigned to users for your unit. Click the Enrol users button to add a new user.
4. An Enrol users pop-up box will appear. Use the drop-down menu to select a role. If you are a unit leader or above you can assign a role beneath you such as a tutor, etc. If you have tutor permissions, you can assign the external examiner. You cannot assign another tutor so for this, please contact email@example.com.
Search for the person you want to enrol by:
- Clicking inside the Search entry box at the bottom of the popup
- Typing the desired name and press the enter key on the keyboard or click the Search button
- In the list of results, select the user required by clicking on the Enrol button (right of the name)
- Click on the Finish enrolling users button (at the bottom)
5. It is generally good practice to assign only one role to a specific user. If you want, change the role, delete or unassign the role by clicking on the X (cross). This example shows deleting a tutor role.
6. Confirm the role change by clicking the 'Remove' button.
7. Click the '+' button under the title 'Roles'.
8. You will see the different types of roles that can be assigned by you for your unit.
9. Click on the desired role; for example, 'Non Editing-Tutor'.