Managing roles and users
- Main user roles and permissions
- Key contacts & participants list
- Students on module and course pages
- Groups and groupings
Main user roles and permissions
The most common staff user roles on SOL include:
- Unit Leader - able to view and edit all content, and release grades
- Tutor - able to edit all content, but cannot release grades
- Non-Editing Tutor - able to view all content, but cannot edit
- Course Leader - able to view and edit all content - should only be listed on Course Pages
- Moderator - able to view assessments and input grades
Requesting a role
Unit Leader and Course Leader information is now referenced from the Quercus database. Because of this, these roles must be approved by your School Executive Officer and added to Quercus before the role can be assigned in SOL.
Tutor and Non-editing Tutor
You can add yourself as a Tutor or Non-editing Tutor on a unit page via the enrolment-self service. Further instructions can be found here. Please contact LTU@solent.ac.uk if you would like to be enrolled as a Tutor on a page that may contain sensitive information.
If you would like to be listed as Course Leader on a Course Page, please contact Student.Registry@solent.ac.uk. They will need to confirm your Course Leader status. Once confirmed, your role will be pulled through to SOL automatically after it has been recorded in Quercus. Please note that we no longer add Course Leaders to Unit Pages.
Unit Leaders can assign other members of staff the role of 'Moderator'. Further instructions can be found here.