1. Locate the 'Administration' block on the left of the page.
2. 'Course administration' (inside the 'Administration' block) should already be expanded. Go to Users > Enrolled users.
3. You will now be able to view enrolments and the roles that have been assigned to users for your unit. Click the Enrol users button to add a new user.
4. An Enrol users pop-up box will appear.
Use the drop-down menu to select a role. If you are a unit leader or above you can assign a role beneath you such as a tutor, etc. If you have tutor permissions, you can assign the external examiner.
Search for the person you want to enrol by:
- Clicking inside the Search entry box at the bottom of the popup
- Typing the desired name and press the enter key on the keyboard or click the Search button
- In the list of results, select the user required by clicking on the Enrol button (right of the name)
- Click on the Enrol users button (at the bottom)
5. It is generally good practice to assign only one role to a specific user. If you want to change the role, delete or unassign the role click on the X (cross) under the 'status' column.
6. Confirm the role change by clicking the 'Unenrol' button.
7. To add a role, click the 'pencil' button under the title 'Roles'.
8. Click on the selector arrow to see the different types of roles that can be assigned by you for your unit.
9. Click on the desired role. For example, 'Tutor'.
10. To save your changes, make sure you click on the 'save' icon (next to the 'cross' icon under the 'Roles' column).
Not found what you're looking for?
Try the following links: