- Learning Technologies 'housekeeping' process
- Enrolment self-service
- Importing content
- Moving tabs/content
- Customise your dashboard
Every summer, Learning Technologies carries out their annual 'housekeeping' process. This serves a number of purposes:
- to ensure that every live unit at the University has a page on SOL.
- to ensure that every unit page has the right unit code, taking account of any changes through revalidation.
- to ensure that every student is enrolled on the right unit pages as per the student records system Quercus.
- to move old versions of the units out of the way, so that you can concentrate on the new academic year (you will still have access to all your old pages).
If you are an editing tutor on any unit, you should receive a number of emails before and during the summer break, reminding you that this is taking place.
During the process, we will:
- move old units for your previous cohort to an archive
- create a fresh new unit (which includes the SOL template) for your next cohort.
These are the main things you need to do before the new academic year
1. Use the self-enrolment service to add yourself to the new units
2. Pay particular attention to the Assessment process.
3. Populate the content on your new unit (either from scratch or by importing content from the previous year)
4. Inform the library about your Reading Lists on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to explore more about the many uses of SOL and the types of activities you can include, contact the Learning Technologies team on email@example.com or visit us on the virtual zoom helpdesk at https://learn.solent.ac.uk/helpdesk.
Not found what you're looking for?
Try the following links: