Improving your Numeracy
Do you feel you have forgotten your maths since leaving school? Do you worry about numbers and whether you can cope with the university course you have chosen?
Would you like to:
- regain your numerical confidence?
- practice your basic skills?
Use the Numeracy Refresher booklet below to refresh your knowledge on the following topics:
The BBC Bitesize website is primarily aimed at school children. However, this site is also very useful as a revision tool for basic skills. Suitable for foundation and first year students transitioning into university, it provides you with a refresher on a range of numeracy topics including:
- place value
- distance, speed and time
- rounding and estimating
- ratio and proportion
- prime numbers, factors and multiples
- powers and roots
- positive and negative numbers
- operations (calculations/sums)
- looking after your finances
- standard index form