Online assignment submission for students
How to upload your video/audio assignment
Prepare your work:
- Make sure your file name only includes your unit code and your student ID
- Make sure your file type/format is one of the following: mp4, m4v, avi, mov, mpeg, wmv (for video) mp3, wma, wav (for audio)
- Make sure your file size is under the maximum of 500 MB
Firstly find the relevant Video/Audio Assignment upload link on your Solent Online Learning page and click on it (example below).
Submit your work:
There are two ways you might be asked to submit your video or audio assignment file. Both have a limit of 500MB.
One of them is explained above in the Solent Online Learning submission file upload and the second is described below.
On the next screen you will be able to start the process of attaching your video or audio assignment file. Click on the green Browse/Upload button to upload your video or audio assignment. Remember the maximum size for your video/audio file is 500 MB.
- The first 'details' tab requires you to add your assignment details.
- For the title use your student ID followed by the Unit Code (1) - remember not to put your name. You can leave the Category as 'Personal'
- (2). You must add a short description to your assignment submission
- (3) and your email address so that you can be notified when your assignment submission is successful
- (4). Adding tags to your submission
- (5) is optional. Finally, click on 'Next' (6).
On the next tab you can add a thumbnail to your video submission. Click on one of the suggested thumbnails and it will be highlighted in green (you can aslo add a custom thumbnail if you wish). Click NEXT.
You are prompted again to ensure a final submission should be made. Tick the box to indicate the assignment is your own work then click on Continue. No more changes can be made once the assignment has been submitted for grading.
Below is the final screen you will see when the submission process is complete. The Submission status clearly states 'Submitted for grading.'
An automated email will be sent to you to confirm that you have successfully submitted your video/audio assignment. Depending on your email software it will look similar to the example below (please do not reply to it!).