Submitting assignments online
How to upload your video/audio assignment
Prepare your work:
- Make sure your file name only includes your unit code and your student ID
- Make sure your file type/format is one of the following: mp4, m4v, avi, mov, mpeg, wmv (for video) mp3, wma, wav (for audio)
- Make sure your file size is under the maximum of 1 Gb
Submit your work:
Firstly find the relevant Video/Audio assignment upload link on your SOL unit and click on it (example below). This link is set up by your course team. If you have any problems with this link set up, you should speak with your course team.
Submit your video/audio assignment using the Add draft button. The submission status of your assignment shows whether you have submitted, whether it has been graded, the due date and the time remaining before it is due. Don't forget to read any instructions that your tutor has given you regarding your assignment. If you are unsure what is required of you, contact your tutor direct.
On the next screen you will be able to start the process of attaching your video or audio assignment file. Click on the green Add Media button to upload your video or audio assignment. Remember the maximum size for your video/audio file is 1Gb.
The 'File' tab is where you browse for and upload your video/audio file. Click on the BROWSE button and navigate to where you have saved your video/audio file. Then click Open.
A green progress bar will appear indicating the percentage upload progress for your file together with its size in MB.
When it is finished uploading the progress bar will disappear and the file name will appear next to 'Uploaded File'. Click on NEXT.
The 'Details' tab is requires you to add your assignment details.
- For the title use your student ID followed by the Unit Code. Remember not to put your name.
- You can leave the Category as 'Personal'.
- You must add a short description to your assignment submission.
- Finally, click on NEXT.
On the 'Thumbnails' tab you can add a thumbnail to your video submission. Click on one of the suggested thumbnails and it will be highlighted in green (you can aslo add a custom thumbnail if you wish). Click NEXT.
On the 'Assoc Files' tab you can add any relevant files to your video/audio submission. This could be a script or a document that is required by your tutor.
- It could also be a closed Captions File (in '.srt' format) which you can add using the BROWSE button in the top half of the window.
- To add other files such as a script document, add them in the 'Add Associated Files' area. Click in the Title box first and add a title. Then click the BROWSE button to add the file which will then appear below.
- When you are done - or if you don't have any associated files to add - click NEXT.
The final 'Confirm' tab shows a summary of the video/audio file you have uploaded. Click NEXT to continue.
A message will briefly appear stating that your video/audio file has been uploaded.
This message should disappear and you will be taken back to the Add Media window, this time with a thumbnail of your uploaded video/audio which will be processing. Click on Save Changes.
Please note you haven't submitted your assignment yet - there are a few more steps to go.
You will be taken to the 'Submission Status' window. Note that the status will show as 'Draft uploaded (not submitted for marking)'. You must click on the Submit assignment button to formally complete the process.
You are prompted again to ensure a final submission should be made. Tick the box to indicate the assignment is your own work then click on Continue. No more changes can be made once the assignment has been submitted for grading.
Below is the final screen you will see when the submission process is complete. The Submission status clearly states Submitted for grading.
An automated email will be sent to you to confirm that you have successfully submitted your video/audio assignment.