Referencing and academic integrity
The American Psychological Association (APA) System
Final reference list
You must include a list of all your references at the end of your work. This gives full details of each source so your reader can look them up.
- Include your references in alphabetical order of first author surname
- Use References in bold as the centred title
- Use a hanging indent - the first line is not indented
- Put a full stop at the end of each of your references
- For journal titles, capitalise the first letter of each major word
- For books, articles and chapters, capitalise the first letter of the first word, the first word after a colon, and any proper nouns
Remember: Be consistent in the way you write the references (e.g. use of punctuation and layout). If your tutors give you specific instructions on how they want references laid out, follow these.