The Internet has made accessing information more flexible and often quicker – but remember that not everything is going to be online!
The Internet can provide you with access to resources such as:
- News websites
- Open access journal articles (research published freely online)
- Company and organisation websites
- Government websites
- General interest websites
- Online audio and video resources
- Social networking sites
- …the list is almost endless!
You can use a search engine to do a general search on the Internet, or try a subject-specific search engine or directory.
However, beware of the quality of the sources you are using. Anyone can put anything on the internet – just because it’s online, it doesn’t mean it is the best source of information. You may need to use a variety of sources to get the information you need.