Get all your slides and notes ready
Some simple ways to make better slides:
- Follow a clear structure and let your headings tell your structure.
- Think of each slide as a paragraph eg/heading = topic sentence; bullet points = supporting sentences
- Don’t over-fill your slides – about 6 lines of text is plenty.
- Use big fonts and contrasting colours.
- Use your slides as prompts for your talk, not a script.
Some simple ways to make your notes clear:
- use small cards that fit easily into your hand.
- put key words, phrases or very short statements on the cards
- avoid detailed sentences.
- use your notes as prompts for your talk, not a script.
- good presentation slides can be printed small enough to hold as your note-cards.