Make sure you've got good content
Your preparation before giving a presentation not only consists of finalising your content. Think about:
What is the structure of your presentation?
- Plan a beginning, middle and an end.
- Make sure you have a clear Introduction, Main Body and Conclusion.
How are you going to give your presentation?
- What sections will you have?
- How will you link between the sections? (plan the linking expressions you will use).
- When will you give your audience a chance to ask questions? (this could be at the end or at two or more fixed points during the presentation)
What questions will you be asked?
- Brainstorm potential questions and practise answers to them.
- Think particularly about points you have left out (perhaps because you want to keep things brief).