Good preparation will help you give a great presentation:
- Make sure you’ve got good content.
- Learn, practise, rehearse.
- Get all your slides and notes ready.
- Work well with your group.
- Get all set up on the day.
Preparation for a high-scoring presentation requires you to:
- Spend a lot of time getting the content of your presentation right;
- Allocate specific and clearly defined roles for each group member;
- Prepare your slides and notes well in advance;
- Collaborate with your group mates on the appearance of your slides;
- Learn your role and content;
- Practise each section until you know it and it is the correct length;
- Rehearse in front of people (with the other members if you are in a group);
- Arrive early on the day and make sure all equipment is set up and running;
- If there is time, do a rehearsal with the equipment set up on the day.
|Preparing presentations (PDF opens in new window)|