Working with a group
Quite often an assessed presentation is a group task. But how does that work? How can a presentation that is meant to be about a single topic be shared out between a group fairly?
||Here are some tips:
- Do the planning together... all of you, at the same time, in the same room.
- Make sure you all understand the key message of the presentation.
- At the planning stage, divide the topic up into logical and equal sections.
- Divide topics between group members.
- Brainstorm each topic section together.
- Carry out research and writing individually.
- Come back together often to compare and collate your work.
- If one topic section runs short, start dividing up the work on another section so everyone does equal amounts.
- Make sure you edit and practise the presentation as a group.