Archived Material (Dissertations)
This book takes you through all the elements needed for a successful dissertation proposal and dissertation. The book explains the sections required for both proposal and dissertation, and offers helpful downloadable templates to assist with the presentation.
Step 2: What sections go into a dissertation?
Main body - conclusion
The Conclusion should reach your point. The conclusion:
- uses an evaluative and possibly argumentative approach.
- is positioned after the Discussion.
Consider the following questions:
- What, in your conclusion, did your research show in relation to your aims?
- Did you meet your aims, go beyond them, or in fact fail to reach your aims?
- Did you prove your own hypothesis or disprove it?
Do not go back to a longwinded explanation of your results but instead give a brief and clear statement of what these results show.