Archived Material (Dissertations)
This book takes you through all the elements needed for a successful dissertation proposal and dissertation. The book explains the sections required for both proposal and dissertation, and offers helpful downloadable templates to assist with the presentation.
Step 2: What sections go into a dissertation?
Main body - discussion
The Discussion section:
- uses a discursive and evaluative writing approach
- is positioned after the Results section.
- interprets your own understanding of what the results of your research show.
- makes interpretations and judgements.
- contextualises your ideas in relation to other theories and with other similar research, particularly in reference to the works mentioned in your literature survey.
All of this discussion must be framed within the purpose you stated in your title and introduction.
Do not draw out your conclusions here, but open up the discussion of possibilities.