Archived Material (Dissertations)
This book takes you through all the elements needed for a successful dissertation proposal and dissertation. The book explains the sections required for both proposal and dissertation, and offers helpful downloadable templates to assist with the presentation.
Step 2: What sections go into a dissertation?
Main body - results
The Results section may also be called 'Findings'. This section:
- uses a descriptive writing approach in an objective and factual way.
- is positioned after the Introduction (Literature survey and Methodology if these included), directly before the Discussion section.
- describes everything discovered through your research.
- gives all of the results, but only the results of your research activities.
- can include tables, graphs or illustrations here to make it easier for the reader to understand the data.
Do not include any discussion, argument or conclusions – these come later.