Archived (Time management)
This book looks at time management; the importance of attending lectures; reading effectively; the art of taking notes.
Taking notes checklist
This content has been archived! For the latest version please visit: learn.solent.ac.uk/succeed
Good note taking habits:
- Find the note taking style that best suits you;
- Recognise the difference between facts, concepts and references;
- Learn to analyse and interpret concepts;
- Experiment with different styles of note taking;
- Try using diagrammatic notes to expand concepts;
- Try using a different layout for your linear notes;
- Use note-taking strategies appropriate to the different sources of information you use;
- Get into the habit of taking reference details for all your sources.
|Taking Notes Summary (PDF opens in new window)|