Archived (Time management)
This book looks at time management; the importance of attending lectures; reading effectively; the art of taking notes.
Once you have located the relevant material, you need to examine it critically by comparing it to other opinions and your own knowledge of the subject:
- Look at the introduction to identify the aims and approach taken.
- Look at the conclusion to see what the writer hopes to have established.
- Use the signposts you identified in your initial scan
- Read and re-read the relevant text to identify:
- the main points of the passage
- whether it is convincing in terms of the argument presented
- references to supporting/conflicting material
- whether it answers the questions you started out with
- whether it raises further issues that you will have to resolve.
|Critical Analysis Leaflet (PDF opens in new window)|