Archived (Time management)
This book looks at time management; the importance of attending lectures; reading effectively; the art of taking notes.
After your lecture
Your ability to remember lecture content falls away very quickly after the lecture unless you do something to actively use that information.
Use the following strategies to help you retain the information:
Note making (as opposed to Note-taking)
- Write up your notes as soon as possible, filling in any gaps or expanding on the ideas presented.
- Don’t be afraid to add your own comments.
- Knowledge is about understanding not just learning facts.
Talk about it
- Discuss the lecture with other students to see if you all agree on the main points.
- Seek clarification where there is disagreement.
Do some research or reading
- Check reference details
- Cross-reference your notes to your coursework and assignment research.
- Develop an effective and reliable filing system so that you can easily retrieve the information you have written up.