Archived (Time management)
This book looks at time management; the importance of attending lectures; reading effectively; the art of taking notes.
Make long term plans
It is very natural to concentrate on your next lecture or next assignment, but looking a bit further into the future will help you identify potential pressure points – times when deadlines come very close to each other.
Remember to always:
- Pace yourself.
- Avoid working up to the very last minute
- Plan at least a term ahead but preferably by a year.
How to plan for each year/term/week:
- List goals - allocate the appropriate resources to complete them on time
- Set priorities - use a scale of: 'must', 'should' or ‘would be nice to complete'
- Acquire a wall-chart yearly planner or poster of the complete year ahead with spaces for you to write in notes (go to the SSU student union at the beginning of the year)
|Blank Academic Year Planner (PDF opens in new window)|
|Blank Monthly Planner (PDF opens in new window)|