What can affect your performance?
Consider the key factors below. How can they affect you personally when you approach your exams?:
- List ways in which taking the exam can contribute positively to your learning.
- Repeat a positive message, ‘I can pass this exam’, whilst revising, preparing and taking your exams.
- Develop a positive attitude
- Do your revision.
- Discuss the subject with fellow students.
- Do plenty of practice with past papers.
- Make your revision count
Your exam techniques
- Learn good exam techniques
- Do lots of practice with past papers
- Be conscious about developing your exam skills.
Your past experience of exams
- Develop the knowledge and skills to pass exams even if you found exams difficult in the past or have had a bad experience.
- Give yourself a positive message: ‘I can pass exams’.
Your writing skills
- Develop your writing skills with knowledge and practice.
- Pay close attention to any feedback you get from tutors.
- Practise, practise, practise.