Make your revision count
Know what to revise
Avoid wasting time on revising what you already know quite well. Decide instead to:
- Look at past papers or ask your tutors for specimen questions. Try to notice trends – what topics are most likely to be covered? Ask 2nd and 3rd years what to expect.
- Learn to read between the lines. Comments such as "this is important" during lectures are often good pointers.
- Look at the assignment questions you have already been given. There are likely to be similar questions in the exams.
- Use your tutors` feedback to help focus your revision.
- Answer the questions you avoided previously.Did you have a choice of assignment question?
Remember: what you have covered in the course is what you are going to be examined on.