Archived (Working in groups)
This book looks at how effective groupwork can be, how important it is to be a good team player and how this preparation at university will help you in your working life beyond university.
- Group zones - group desks and sockets.
- Vending machines
- Bookable study room (ML002a) with table and cable connection to connect laptop and view work on a large monitor. To book the room, enquire at the Mountbatten Information Point within the Library foyer.
For more information about group zones and bookable study room:
|Where to study (Weblink opens in new window)|
For more information about Photocopy Centre help desk (floor 2) or Mountbatten Information Point (Library foyer):
|Laptops are available to borrow (Weblink opens in new window)|
For further help - Carina Buckley and Helen Capstick, ML002
|Learning Skills Tutor (Weblink opens in new window)|
For more information about the wireless network - located in GA (basement), 0B (foyer), 0C (on the right past the foyer), 2A (floor 2):
|SolentNet wireless network (Weblink opens in new window)|
When borrowing items from the library for a group project remember whose card you used as they will be liable for any fines.
Some items have multiple copies, or may be available as ebooks which the entire group could access. Check the library catalogue for availability.
Andrews Learning Resource Centre
- Teaching rooms (areas)-bookings are displayed outside each room, or check room bookings from the My Timetable link of the main portal page.
- overnight laptop, camera, video camera and tablet loan service.
The group study area next to the help desk in Andrews LRC (Ground floor):
|Andrews Learning Resource Centre (Opens in new window)|
- soft seating, tables and vending machines on ground floor (through main entrance, straight down to the end of the corridor, turn left)
Sir James Matthews
- Break out area for informal group work
- Plasma screen for viewing material, or practising a presentation.
- Formal boardroom area with moveable tables and a Smart Board.
- Individual and group area has non bookable single and multi-occupancy computer stations
- The centre also offers a daily laptop loan service.
For group study in the Matthews Learning Resource Centre (over the park from East Park Terrace, basement):
|Learning Lounge (Opens in new window)|