Good writing involves the following:
- clear connection of ideas
- an academic style
- correctly organised sentences and paragraphs
- Avoidance of common mistakes
- Proper presentation of writing
Essay structure video tutorial
In this video, John Dugard-Craig talks about how to use signposts and landmarks to make your writing easy to follow.
2. Download the essay with John’s highlights below.
|Structuring an essay (PDF opens in new window)|
3. Download a summary of his main points below.
|Signposing and landmarks summary (PDF opens in new window)|
(The essay used in this tutorial was provided by the Open University.)