Using Panopto for assessment
Using Panopto for assignments
If your tutor requests that your assignment should be recorded via Panopto, you can either
- record via Panopto on any University computer
- download the recorder to your own device via https://solent.cloud.panopto.eu/ (log in with your university credentials).
1.In the menu at the top right, you will be given the link to download the recorder (Download Panopto):
2. Select the appropriate installer. Run the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions.
3. Follow the prompt to sign in via Solent Online Learning:
4. Select to Sign on with Solent Online Learning.
5. After signing in, your internet browser may prompt you to open the Panopto recorder as shown here:
6. Once the Panopto recorder has opened, click on My Folder.
7. IMPORTANT: select the correct folder to record into. Your tutor will have set up a special [assignments] folder for you to record into within Panopto.
In the example below, 'BUS603_4198379035:Business Project (BUS603) [assignments]' will be selected:
You can also search for the code of the unit and the word 'assignments' by typing into this area on a PC:
And here on a Mac:
You will have access to record into this folder and this recording is private to you and your tutor. You can view, amend and delete your own recordings in this folder but will not be able to see any other content in this folder.