Successful Critical Thinking
Critical thinking - the ability to evaluate the value of ideas, statements and points of view - underpins all successful academic work. It is also a skill that employers are very keen to see in graduates. This tutorial introduces the concept of critical thinking and gives some explanation of why it is so important.
This online guide has sections on the following topics:
- The Solent Method of Critical Thinking
- What is critical thinking?
- Why is critical thinking important?
- Would the ability to think critically affect the grades a student gets?
- How do you develop critical thinking skills?
In the next chapter, you will learn about the Solent Method for Critical Thinking and how you can start using it now.