Successful Academic Writing
Structure your writing
The conclusion to an academic paper always:
- Summarises the main points given in the essay
- Draws together the ideas to explain how they connect and relate
- Shows how you have answered the question
The conclusion may also:
- Suggest some further research
- Give a concluding statement
- Pose a further question
If you are unsure what this means in effect, have a look at our example conclusions.
Download some example conclusions here
Go on now to find out how to format and present your writing successfully.