Audience response (mentimeter)
Audience Response Systems
Nearpod allows tutors to deliver a whole presentation to student devices via a web-browser or the NearPod app.
The tutor can incorporate activities for the students to complete as part of the presentation such as polls, quizzes, drawing and student collaboration - creating real-time interactions using mobile phones or other devices connected to the internet.
The free version of this software is limited to 30 students.
- Variety of inter-activities
- Library of free lessons that can be repurposed
- Simple and easy-to-use
- Allows the tutor access to instant and live feedback from students
- Frees up tutor time during a session instead of controlling PowerPoint presentation
- Primarily aimed at Key Stage 1- 4
- Limited class size
- Polls (MCQ with no correct answer)
- Multiple choice questions (multiple correct answers)
- Free text responses
- Draw on-screen (not recommended for those on small screens)
- Pin-board (students collaborate and add pictures and text)