Why lecture capture?
Lecture capture benefits staff in several ways:
- allows staff to record classroom content
- recordings can be accessed by students online via SOL
- gives you the freedom to choose what to capture during a session - it could be an audio recording to accompany PowerPoint slides or the whole room.
How does lecture capture benefit students?
- provides an additional resource for revision
- provides the opportunity to revisit concepts outside the classroom.
About the lecture capture system
Lecture capture is provided by the software company, Panopto. It is seamlessly integrated with SOL. Once a recording is completed the software will upload the video and make it available to students for viewing.
As a tutor you are able to see how the students are using the recordings through the video analytics. With this information you can:
- discover the content students are struggling with
- address these areas in subsequent sessions.
Not found what you're looking for?
Try the following links: