Creating (formative) assignments
How to set up a video/audio assignment
The process below shows how to create a formative assignment that allows students to submit video and audio files up to a maximum size of 1GB via Medial. It will also accept 3 extra supporting documents and a 'captions' file as part of the students 'Medial' submission.
1. Go to your unit and Turn editing on.
2. In the 'Assessment' tab, click the Add an activity or resource button at the bottom right.
3. Select the radio button titled Formative assignment, then click Add at the bottom of the pop-up.
4. Under the 'General' section, add the Assignment name and Description (add what the students are expected to do to complete the task including any special or important instructions on how to submit).
5. Scroll down to the 'Availability' section, add the dates and times for your assignment. As the assignment is formative only, the date and time settings can be at your own discretion.
6. Scroll to the 'Submission types' section. Deselect the File submissions option and select Video/Audio submission. The file size limit is automatically set to 1GB with this setting. All other 'Submission types' and settings in this section will become unavailable:
7. Anonymous marking is enabled by default but can be disabled if that is a specific requirement of the assignment. The setting can be found under the 'Grade' section. Under 'Anonymous marking', select No.
8. Click Save and display. All other options can be left as default.
This guide is the basic process recommended by SLTI. If these settings do not suit your needs or if you would like to explore more advanced features, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 5100.