Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of using Solent Online Learning (SOL) and associated systems, including but not limited to SOL (Moodle), myPortfolio (Mahara), Turnitin, Panopto (Lecture Capture), Medial (video hosting service), Open Solent (Moodle), Microsoft Teams and connected integrated systems.
By accessing, participating on, or otherwise using Solent Online Learning and associated systems, you agree that you will not post or share any content that:
- Contains offensive, profane, harassing, defamatory, inappropriate, racist, threatening, infringing, obscene, or unlawful material; (The only exceptions are examples used for teaching purposes)
- Contains slanderous or libellous comments about other Solent students or staff or other individuals in the wider community;
- Contains personal information about any individual;
- Violates the privacy of any other individual or entity;
- Contains viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may adversely affect the operation of Solent University systems or a third party's computer or device;
- Undermines the operation of a forum, chat room, video meeting room or other feature
- Contains unauthorised copies of third parties' works. Please read Copyright Matters for more information.
- Solent University has published a number of privacy notices in accordance with GDPR regulations which can be found here: http://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/working-here/general-data-protection-regulation-(gdpr)/gdpr-privacy-policies.aspx
Module content, including assignment submissions, may be kept up to three years after the module instance end date has passed. This is intended to provide students with the opportunity to revisit and review content to support their overall course of study. Please refer to the Take-Down Policy should any content require removal during this period.