See here for more useful information
User names and passwords
All students are assigned a username and password for their individual use.
This username and password will provide you with access to the Portal and to Solent Online Learning (SOL) from within the University and externally via the internet, but you will also need your username and password in the library to access the computers, top up your printer/photocopying account and to hire laptops or digital cameras, etc.
Your username cannot be changed. If you forget you can work it out as follows:
- the seventh digit from the right hand side of your student number (found on the front of your student card)
- the first four characters of your last name or full name if less than four characters (A-Z characters only)
- the initial of your first name
- the last two digits of your student number.
Usernames can occasionally be disabled for the following reasons:
- student has an overdue laptop, or a laptop fine
- student is in debt to the University
- we urgently need to contact the student.
In the first instance contact Learning Technologies on the help desk on Floor 2 of the Mountbatten library who will advise you on who to contact.
When you start at university your password is simply your date or birth in the 6-digit format: ddmmyy.
Password self serviceBefore you use the Self-Service Password Reset system for the first time, you will need to register to use the service. To do this, visit the Password Self Service page for instructions.
After registering, you’ll be able to change or re-set your password. See the sub-chapter on Changing your password.
If you forget your password, see the sub-chapter on Forgotten your password.