Releasing grades & feedback
|Site:||Solent Online Learning|
|Course:||Learning Technologies Staff Help and Support|
|Book:||Releasing grades & feedback|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Wednesday, 1 December 2021, 3:16 PM|
Full instructions on how to release grades and feedback can be found by clicking each chapter/sub-chapter in this book (See 'Table of contents' - right-hand side block).
There are two steps to releasing grades and feedback to students:
If you have any questions or queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 5100.
Not found what you're looking for?
Try the following links:
Reveal student identities
If anonymous marking is enabled student identities must be revealed in order for students to see their grades.
1. Click the assignment link:
2. Click View all submissions:
3. In the Gear menu (Cog icon) in the top right-hand corner, select Reveal student identities (the link will only be available if anonymous marking has been used).
4. Confirm that student identities are ready to be revealed by clicking the Continue button.
See the next chapter about releasing the grades and feedback.
Release grades & feedback
1. Check the 'filter' options underneath the 'Grading table' in the 'View and filter options' section; 'Assignments per page' is set to 'All' by default and the other filters should be set to 'No filter'.
2. Check that the student name filter has 'All' selected for 'First name' and 'Surname'.
3. Click the Select checkbox at the top of the table of students to select all students - the table rows for all students will highlight orange.
If this is not appropriate for your marking process, please contact email@example.com for further advice.
4. Underneath the 'Grading table' click Go next to the 'With selected...' dropdown menu - use the default option of Set marking workflow state.
5. A pop-up window will ask if you want to set marking workflow state for all selected submissions. Click OK.
6. A confirmation page shows the selected user(s) (students). In the dropdown menu set the 'Marking workflow state' to Released.
7. Set the "Notify Students' to Yes (to send an email notification to students that feedback has been released) and then Save changes.
8. The 'Grading table' will show the 'Status' as 'Released'.
9. Students will now be able to see their grade/feedback. If Turnitin is enabled the following icon will appear when the students have viewed their papers in Turnitin.