Adding grades & feedback
1. Click on the assignment link that requires grading:
2. Click View all submissions:
3. The 'grading table' shows all students and submissions. It is possible to click on column titles (if they show as a link) to 'sort' them. For example, click on 'surname' to sort A-Z.
Click on the link View Submission under the 'Video/Audio Submission' column.
If students are missing from the table and/or it shows Nothing to display, check the 'filter' options in the 'View and filter options' section underneath the table. Make sure that all filters are set to No filter.
4. Also check that the student name selection tool has All selected for first name and surname. However, this is not available with anonymous marking.
5. In the pop up window click the arrow to play the video:
6. Click the 'burger' icon to reveal more options.
7. Any additional uploaded files can be viewed by clicking Resources (clicking a file will also download it) and the video can be downloaded by clicking Download Media:
8. Once the video has been viewed, close this pop-up window and go back to the grading table.
To begin adding feedback and grades, click on the Grade button in the 'Grade' column.
This goes to the individual students grading page showing all submission details. It is also possible to view the submission on this screen too.
9. Set Solent's alpha-numeric grade in the 'Grade' drop-down menu:
10 Set the 'Marking Workflow State' (if desired). This is especially useful if multiple markers are used or can be a 'note to self' to show, for example, that it is in marking or ready for release. When this workflow state is used, it can be seen by students but this does not mean that anything has been released. Only the text is updated.
11. Add any feedback files or feedback comments, if required.
12. It is not necessary to notify the student at this stage, as this is controlled by releasing the grades and feedback later on.
13. Click Save changes and go through the same process again.
Click here for information on Releasing grades & feedback.