Solent Online Learning for students
Terms and Conditions of using Solent Online Learning (SOL) and associated systems, including but not limited to SOL (Moodle), myPortfolio (Mahara), Turnitin, Panopto (Lecture Capture), Medial (video service), Open Solent (Moodle) and connected integrated systems.
By accessing, participating on, or otherwise using Solent Online Learning and associated systems, you agree that you will not post any content that:
- Contains offensive, profane, harassing, defamatory, inappropriate, racist, threatening, infringing, obscene, or unlawful material;
- Contains slanderous or libelous comments about other SSU users, SSU employees, or other individuals;
- Contains personal information about any individual;
- Violates the privacy of any other individual or entity;
- Contains viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may adversely affect the operation of SSU's system or a third party's computer;
- Undermines the operation of a forum, chat room, or other feature; or
- Contains unauthorized copies of third parties' works. Please read Copyright Matters for more information.
- For the protection of your safety and privacy, please read the Guidelines for Using Social Networking Sites.
- Solent University has published a number of privacy notices in accordance with GDPR regulations which can be found here: http://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/working-here/general-data-protection-regulation-(gdpr)/gdpr-privacy-policies.aspx
Unit content, including assignment submissions, may be kept up to two years after the unit instance end date has elapsed. This is intended to provide students with the opportunity to revisit and review content to support their overall course of study. Please refer to the Take-Down Policy should any content require removal during this period.