Archived Material (research)
Is the internet good for research?
This content has been archived! For the latest version please visit: learn.solent.ac.uk/finding-sources
What the Internet can provide is:
- Easy, quick and flexible access to a vast amount of information
- Multimedia, such as podcasts and videos
- A huge range of available information
- Electronic access to some books and journals.
However, there are pitfalls in relying too heavily on the Internet for your research. If you want to use the Internet effectively, try to:
- Remember that not everything is published online
- Question whether the information available is the best or most reliable source
- Bear in mind the limitations of relying on the Internet for finding information
- Use intelligent searching to make sure you make the most of the web.
|Advantages and disadvantages quiz (Opens in new window)|