Archived (Time management)
Attending lectures checklist
This content has been archived! For the latest version please visit: learn.solent.ac.uk/succeed
Attending lectures can really be a good way for your to develop your subject knowledge. You just have to make sure that you know how to do these things:
- Pre-read in a general way to help you understand the content.
- Complete tasks that your lecturer has set prior to the lecture.
- Check the myCourse page in advance for any handouts or presentation slides you can bring with you.
- Notice the difference between facts and concepts and think about different ways to record these.
- Learn a note-taking strategy that suits you
- Develop a balance between listening and writing during the lecture
- Learn to compensate for negative influences on your ability to take notes
- Do something with your lecture notes as soon as possible after the lecture
- Do some research on the subject after the lecture
- Use the lecture content as a starting point for your own research
|Attending lectures summary (PDF opens in new window)|