Terms and Conditions
|Site:||Solent Online Learning|
|Course:||Learning Technologies Student Help|
|Book:||Terms and Conditions|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Friday, 22 October 2021, 4:19 PM|
This book contains all the student help information for Solent Online Learning.
Terms and Conditions of using Solent Online Learning (SOL) and associated systems, including but not limited to SOL (Moodle), myPortfolio (Mahara), Turnitin, Panopto (Lecture Capture), Medial (video hosting service), Open Solent (Moodle), Microsoft Teams and connected integrated systems.
By accessing, participating on, or otherwise using Solent Online Learning and associated systems, you agree that you will not post or share any content that:
- Contains offensive, profane, harassing, defamatory, inappropriate, racist, threatening, infringing, obscene, or unlawful material; (The only exceptions are examples used for teaching purposes)
- Contains slanderous or libellous comments about other Solent students or staff or other individuals in the wider community;
- Contains personal information about any individual;
- Violates the privacy of any other individual or entity;
- Contains viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may adversely affect the operation of Solent University systems or a third party's computer or device;
- Undermines the operation of a forum, chat room, video meeting room or other feature
- Contains unauthorised copies of third parties' works. Please read Copyright Matters for more information.
- Solent University has published a number of privacy notices in accordance with GDPR regulations.
- Users of SOL and related systems are bound by the terms of the Information Technology (IT) Acceptable Use Policy including relevant policies and legal compliances referred to within that policy.
Module content, including assignment submissions, may be kept up to three years after the module instance end date has passed. This is intended to provide students with the opportunity to revisit and review content to support their overall course of study. Please refer to the Take-Down Policy should any content require removal during this period.
Minimum IT requirements
We recommend you have the following as a minimum to learn online with SOL:
- A Windows 10 Laptop or PC
- An Apple OSX Laptop or iMac
- A 10 inch tablet with keyboard (Android or iPad)
- The device should have inbuilt or separate:
- Microphone & speakers or a headset
- 2Mbps Broadband, Wifi or 4G/5G data
Take Down Policy
Every effort is made to ensure that content on Solent Online Learning and associated systems (including Panopto, Mahara, Medial) does not infringe any person's rights, or applicable UK laws. Should you discover any content you believe to contravene copyright, permissions or licencing restrictions, be offensive in its nature, or illegal in some aspect, please contact email@example.com with the following information:
- Web address link to the page content,
- Reason for requesting the content to be removed, and
- Contact details for the complainant, including full name, email address and telephone number.
A representative of Solent University will respond by email within 28 working days of receipt of the complaint to confirm the removal of the content following internal investigation. Should the University feel the content should not be removed from the website, a full written explanation with evidence will be provided.