Terms and Conditions
This book contains all the student help information for Solent Online Learning.
|Site:||Solent Online Learning|
|Course:||Learning Technologies Student Help|
|Book:||Terms and Conditions|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Wednesday, 24 April 2019, 2:54 AM|
Terms and Conditions of using Solent Online Learning (SOL) and associated systems, including but not limited to SOL (Moodle), myPortfolio (Mahara), Turnitin, Panopto (Lecture Capture), Medial (video service), Open Solent (Moodle) and connected integrated systems.
By accessing, participating on, or otherwise using Solent Online Learning and associated systems, you agree that you will not post any content that:
- Contains offensive, profane, harassing, defamatory, inappropriate, racist, threatening, infringing, obscene, or unlawful material; (The only exceptions are examples used for teaching purposes)
- Contains slanderous or libelous comments about other SSU users, SSU employees, or other individuals;
- Contains personal information about any individual;
- Violates the privacy of any other individual or entity;
- Contains viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may adversely affect the operation of SSU's system or a third party's computer;
- Undermines the operation of a forum, chat room, or other feature; or
- Contains unauthorized copies of third parties' works. Please read Copyright Matters for more information.
- Solent University has published a number of privacy notices in accordance with GDPR regulations which can be found here: http://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/working-here/general-data-protection-regulation-(gdpr)/gdpr-privacy-policies.aspx
Unit content, including assignment submissions, may be kept up to two years after the unit instance end date has elapsed. This is intended to provide students with the opportunity to revisit and review content to support their overall course of study. Please refer to the Take-Down Policy should any content require removal during this period.
Take Down Policy
Every effort is made to ensure that content on Solent Online Learning and associated systems (including Panopto, Mahara, Medial) does not infringe any person's rights, or applicable UK laws. Should you discover any content you believe to contravene copyright, permissions or licencing restrictions, be offensive in its nature, or illegal in some aspect, please contact email@example.com with the following information:
- Web address link to the page content,
- Reason for requesting the content to be removed, and
- Contact details for the complainant, including full name, email address and telephone number.
A representative of Southampton Solent University will respond by email within 28 working days of receipt of the complaint to confirm the removal of the content following internal investigation. Should the University feel the content should not be removed from the website, a full written explanation with evidence will be provided.