While you are out on placement you are still entitled to continue to use the Mountbatten Library. If you are in the local area you can visit and use the library in the normal way. If you are further away there are many services you still have access to:
Before you go on placement
- Make sure you know your university username and password so that you can access the library's electronic resources.
- Join Sconul Access (online form) and this will give you limited borrowing from other academic libraries (membership will last for the duration of your placement, up to 12 months).
While you are on placement
- Make use of ebooks and ejournals - contact Kate for help if you are not sure how to do this.
- Access databases and eResources, but please remember this can only be for your academic work and not for the work of your placement provider due to licencing arrangements.
- Use the video guides on this subject guide for help accessing the databases.
- If you do borrow from the library make sure you are able to return items if other students need them.