- Search for books, ebooks, journals, online videos and more.
- Books can be borrowed for 7 or 21 days; they will automatically renew for up to 16 weeks (unless requested - so keep an eye on your Solent email account for notifications).
- Ebooks can mostly be read online and off campus (login with your University login)
- Search a vast collection of electronic, full text journal articles.
- Search for books, articles - everything! - in one go. Use the options in your results list to limit your results to books, journals etc if needed.
How to find:
Books and ebooks via the Library Catalogue
- To find a specific item: search by author surname and one or two key words from the title
- To find all material on a topic: search using a few, relevant topic keywords
- Browse results list and click on relevant titles (note that different editions or titles we have in print and ebook format are grouped together under one top level link
- Find print books on the shelves by noting the floor location(e.g. BA or 1A) and the shelf number (e.g. 771.6 BRI - always note the first three letters of the author surname)
- Access ebooks by limiting the results to 'Online resources'. Click on the ebook title you want to access. If you need to login (on or off campus) you will need your university username and password.
All copies of a book out on loan?
Sign in to the Catalogue and then click on the link to 'Request' a copy. We will email you when the book is then back in the Library and put it aside for you to pick up.
Articles via the Articles tab
- To find a specific item: search by author surname and a few keywords from the article title
- To find all articles on a topic: search using a few, relevant topic keywords (you can adapt your search to add in more terms or use fewer/more general terms etc as needed depending on the results you get)
- You can narrow your results list down to quality, peer reviewed articles by clicking on Peer-reviewed journals
- Access the full text by clicking on an article title - this will list all the providers we subscribe to who offer access to the article. If you are off campus, note the OFF CAMPUS access instructions you need to follow.