- What is a journal and a journal article?
- Why use journal articles?
- How do I find journals and articles?
What is a journal?
- A collection of articles relating to a particular topic
- Published regularly (e.g. once a month, quarterly, annually)
What is an article?
- An individual piece of research written by an academic, professional or expert
- Published together with other articles by other authors in a journal
- Include the latest research and up-to-date
- Cover very specific topics
- Quality checked during a peer review process
- List references used - good source for further research
- Search for specific articles online
Remember – journal articles are written by academics such as your lecturers
You will get higher marks for including references to relevant journal articles
1) There is a selection of printed foreign journals on Floor 1A. You can also find foreign language versions of Elle and Vogue in the Basement.
2) Do a quick search on the Articles tab via the Library Catalogue.
The Articles tab is very general and you may get a lot of results which are not relevant.
3) Use a Library eResource
The Library pays for you to have access to these key resources and you will improve your marks if you read and reference appropriate library materials in your work!