CRIMINOLOGY DISSERTATIONS lecture slides from 2017 are available here - please contact me if you would like to discuss finding resources to support your dissertation topic
You can access good practice final year projects and dissertations (both undergraduate and postgraduate) online via SEA - the University's institutional repository.
- Access is only available to staff and students of Southampton Solent University.
- You need to login using your University details to view the full text of any projects.
Use the Advanced search to select the type of project you are looking for and a subject area or use the links below:
To find further doctoral theses, use EThOS from the British Library.
Previous dissertation topics - useful links
- Hillsborough Inquests website
- The Report of the Hillsborough Independent Panel - September 2012
- Hillsborough Independent Panel website
- IPCC press release and IPCC Decision
- Powers to investigate the Hillsborough disaster: interim Report on the Independent Police Complaints Commission (Home Affairs Committee)
- Ellison's Independent Review summary - March 2014
- Should we trust the police? LSE compilation of sources
- Guardian's Lawrence webpage
- Hidden stories of the Stephen Lawrence inquiry : personal reflections
- Reading the riots - investigation by the Guardian, LSE and the Joseph Rowntree Foundation into the summer 2011 English riots.
- Additional information from the Guardian is also available.
- Statistics from the Ministry of Justice and Home Office.
- The August riots in England - understanding the involvement of young people (Cabinet Office report)
- Gangs and the riots - publication from the Centre for Social Justice: Time to Wake Up: Tackling gangs one year after the riots
- The Leveson Inquiry: culture, practice and ethics of the press
This is the official site of the inquiry investigating the role of the press and police in the phone-hacking scandal, on 13 July 2011.
- Full report - also available in print in the Library
- Executive summary
- House of Commons Library Standard Note on Press Regulation and Phone Hacking
- PM and Deputy PM's statements
- Leveson report: draft Royal Charter for proposed body to recognise press industry self-regulator