W4: Knowing Your Students, Working with Data
Workshop 4: Knowing your Students, Knowing your Data
- Workshop outline
This session is designed to develop an understanding of how course performance is measured at Solent and why it is important for Level Leaders to understand and act on course and module level data. It will identify links between data and broader quality enhancement activities at different levels – recognising the role of the Level Leader in driving the interpretation, application and impact of metrics as part of the annual course enhancement cycle and feeding into broader academic planning activities. To support this, the session will identify the key metrics that all Level Leaders should know and provide a brief overview of the Tableau dashboards that are on offer to support data access and interpretation.
- To discuss the importance and role of data for Level Leaders.
- To enhance confidence in level leaders in the management of data concerned with progression, retention, attainment, participation, and engagement.
- To identify and discuss some of Solent’s KPIs and key league table metrics.
- To identify and discuss core (impactful) level metrics.
- Pre-workshop activities
- Pre-workshop activity 1: The dashboard
- Familiarise yourself with the Tableau dashboard
- Workshop resources