W2: Challenges & Opportunitites
Challenges & Opportunities of the Level Leader
- Workshop outline
Workshop 2 follows on from Workshop 1 and enables discussion/critique of the role and, importantly, focuses on how the role might be enhanced (and why). There is focus on leadership models in the context of effective team working to facilitate critical reflection on the individual and how they operate with others.
- To consider distributed/ collective leadership and its application to the Level Leader role.
- To explore challenges, solutions and opportunities, identifying potential role enhancements.
- Pre-workshop activities
- Pre-Workshop Activity 1: Belbin team roles
- First, take a look at the team roles according to Belbin in the image below.
- Then, reflect on each role (and its description), and decide which role suits you.
- Finally, come prepared knowing your role(s) and be ready to discuss your team role perspective during the workshop.
FYI - Distribution of Belbin roles in workshop 2 participants
- Pre-workshop Activity 2: Distributed Leadership
- First, watch this video titled 'Stronger Together: Building distributed leadership' (4 minutes).
- Then, be ready to discuss its content in the workshop.
- Workshop resources