Music books can be found on Floor 2C of the Library in the 780s. Music journals can be located via the Library Catalogue.
Additional music-related eResources include:
- Rock's Backpages - "is the largest database of music journalism online, featuring as of Spring 2017 over 32,000 articles on thousands of artists from Elvis Presley to Lady Gaga." (from Rock's Backpages) Articles are full text from the 1950s up to date from titles including NME, Rolling Stone, Q and Kerrang. It also contains over 500 audio interviews including classic conversations with Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Kurt Cobain and Bob Marley. Great for finding journalistic pieces for this industry including reviews, memoirs, sleeve notes etc.
LOGIN OFF CAMPUS: use your University details. In the Login via Your Home Institution section select Southampton Solent University.
- Music Periodicals Database -
- a web resource for use by UK music students to learn about business and enterprise within the music industry
LOGIN OFF CAMPUS: A non university username and password is required to access this resource. You MUST register ON CAMPUS first - you will need to be logged into Solent Online Learning and enrol on our Passwords Page where you can find instructions for registering for an account. -
- Music Week - provides music news, data, charts, analysis, opinion, record releases, events, awards and weekly playlist. It also provides a comprehensive directory of contacts in the UK music industry including record companies, recording services, media, publishers and distributors. **Music Week Directory 2017 is now available**
LOGIN ON and OFF CAMPUS: A non university username and password is required to access this resource. To view the login details, you must login to Solent Online Learning and enrol on the Passwords Page.
- Hit Songs Deconstructed (on campus only) - detailed analysis of chart topping music hits
You may also want to try the Music subject guide for more ideas.