How many books can I borrow?
- Students can borrow 15 books. This increases to 20 books in your final year.
- Postgraduate students can borrow 25 books.
- Your books will automatically renew for up to 16 weeks provided another library user does not request them.
How do I find books?
- To find a particular book: enter the author surname and a couple of words from the title
- To find books on a topic: enter some terms and refine your results to Books using the Resource Type option on the side.
Some chapters from books will be available electronically via online reading lists on your units. **Always check your unit reading list for recommendations!**
Make sure you are using the most recent edition of a textbook where possible.
See our introductory video and further help below:
- Note the number and floor for each item (e.g. Available at Mountbatten Library Floor 1A, Marketing (658.8 RIT))
- The main marketing books are found on Floor 1A at 658.8.
- Advertising is also found on Floor 1A from 659.
- For books on the visual side of advertising, try the graphic design section on the Lower Ground Floor
- You may also want to check books on the psychology of persuasion and other cultural/social issues
PROBLEM: The book I want is checked out!
SOLUTION: Click on the Locations tab, sign in with your University login and place a Request. You will be emailed when it is ready for you to collect.
- Refine your results to Online Resources to see what is available electronically.
- To access, use the online access tab and follow the instructions provided.
- Most ebooks are available off campus - just login with your University email address and password.