As a tutor and/or module leader you will need to modify your assessment settings according to your specific requirements.
Before you start editing your assessment settings, take a look at this assessment checklist to ensure the basics are as they should be (ideally ahead of the commencement of the module):
If you would like a Word version of the Assignment Checklist, click here.TUTOR ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS
MODULE LEADER ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS
- to edit the assessments links when the module begins and when resit links are created in order to meet the assessment criteria for the module
- to input grades online when the assessment finishes (even when an online submission is not needed)
- to release grades online.
These grades will then be returned to Quercus automatically.Students will only see the assessment link if tutors have edited the assessment link via settings. Tutors must indicate what type of submission the students are expected to upload (eg/file, video, audio, myPortfolio). Further information can be found under Summative Assignment Essentials (How to edit a summative assessment) below.
- 1. SUMMATIVE ASSIGNMENT ESSENTIALS
- 2. FORMATIVE ASSIGNMENT ESSENTIALS
- 3. GRADES, FEEDBACK AND TURNITIN ESSENTIALS
Turnitin reports: Using Turnitin to identify plagiarism
The video below shows the features of a Turnitin plagiarism report and some points to be aware of when determining whether a student's work has been plagiarised:
- 4. MODERATION
- 5. FURTHER GUIDANCE
- Not found what you're looking for?
Try the following links:How to edit a summative assessment
How to set up formative assessments
How to add grades & feedback
How to release grades & feedback
How to add a moderator
Internal and external moderation